News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A Language for "The Package"

Started by masqueradeball, February 19, 2008, 02:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Berg

In this thread on how to get feedback in First Thoughts, Anders Larsen made the following suggestions:

Quote from: Anders Larsen on March 05, 2008, 05:52:50 PM
First you should of course give a short general description of your game, and explain why you think it is cool. After this consider explaining things like:

* What is the feeling/setting style of your game?
* What kind of story do you want the game to produce, and how will this story develop throughout the game?
* What interests do the character have in what is going on and what role do they take in the story?
* What kind of conflicts/challenges will the characters face in the game, and in what ways should they be able to influence what happens?
* What kind of resources can the characters use when they try to overcome these conflicts/challenges (personal resources, help they get from other people, stuff they own etc.).
* How do these things affect the characters, and how do the characters evolve throughout the story?
. . .
The player-fiction interaction is probably best explained by giving fully described play examples (manuscript style) of important moments in the game, with focus on how the players interact

This strikes me as the kind of stuff a good Package account would do well to cover as well.  I'll be mulling over the current categories with that in mind.  I encourage others to do the same!
here's my blog, discussing Delve, my game in development