News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Treasure of Haunted Mansion and Deathmatch

Started by GeeX Underground, March 07, 2008, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeX Underground

I've been working on these board games for a couple weeks and am getting ready to create a prototype for each one in order to play test locally. However, I would like to know what everyone thinks of these concepts.

The Treasure of Haunted Mansion - This is a game in which players rummage through and old haunted house, collecting treasure, and encounter ghosts. As they explore they will find treasure chests. Landing upon one allows them to draw a card from a deck which contains treasure cards and ghost cards. Some of the treasure will help or hurt the player carrying it and ghost cards always have some debilitating effect on the player that draws it. The game starts with a single room and, as the players move through doors, new rooms are added. The game ends when all the players have escaped the house through a trap door in the attic. At this point the players will add the totals on their treasure cards (of which they may only carry three) and they player with the most treasure wins. Movement is determined by rolling 2d6 (an some effects of treasure and ghost cards reduce this to 1d6). Players may also pick fights with each other, the winner being allowed to look at and steal on of the loser's treasure cards. I plan to create expansion sets as well that will include more rooms, more treasures, more ghosts, and maybe even a new card type. So what do you think?

Deathmatch - Lovers of Halo will love this game. Deathmatch simulates the death match mode on many first person shooter games. Players (up to four) each place a battle grid on the table side-by-side so as to create one big battle grid. They then proceed to slay each other mercilessly using a system of Attack and Defense dice (which I will be explaining with a PDF on my website soon). As players move around the battle grid they encounter supply drop sites. Landing on one allows players to draw a gear card from a deck (these cards are categorized as either weapon, armor, or health). These cards either boost their attacks and defenses or restores health (of which each player starts with 10). Players may have up to five cards (two in play and three in their hand). Once a players fighter is killed off, the player that killed them gets to rummage through their gear, taking what they want and discarding what they don't. That's not the end of the diseased though. They come back, unarmed and unarmored, in their battle grid's spawn point with a full 10 life and get back into the mix. The winner is determined when a player reaches a predetermined number of kills (either decided upon mutually or determined with the roll of 2d6). Future expansion packs will include new battle grids, new weapons and armor, new health items, and even new card types. What do you think?

Sorry for not explaining the dice system for Deathmatch, but I would much rather write it once in a PDF and make it available for everyone. I should have it up by the end of Sunday on the GeeX Underground website.
Visit Our Website. Making board, card, and roleplaying games that are not only fun... but affordable too.