Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:33:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 113 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Mud Planet / Sorcerer] The Rules Work!  (Read 1066 times)
Frank Tarcikowski

Hamburg, Germany

« on: March 03, 2008, 04:46:52 AM »

So I finally got to run the refined version<
    <
  • For increasing attributes after resolving the kicker, the reversal is also kind of consequential. I was thinking about just allowing the player to raise the attribute of his choice, without a roll.
  • Still

If you come across a post by a guest called Frank T, that was me. My former Forge account was destroyed in the Spam Wars. Collateral damage.
Eero Tuovinen
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:21 AM »

The way I understood it, Mud Planet offers the image of a pretty stratified, relatively static, medievalish society. Personally, I find that this is just fine; I tend to get annoyed at roleplaying games for always having a setting where, just now, everybody and their nephew have decided to have a cultural revolution. Although I haven't played around with Mud Planet a lot, I'd say that I find the setting more interesting if you leave the future wide open instead of offering one faction that advocates for dragon supremacy, one for the good guys, one for the gangrel (whoops) and one for the guys who just want to know secrets and smile conceitedly at others.

If I may suggest, you might wish to focus on the setting as it is now, instead; DiV has had much success with describing the points of pain and interest in a setting without trying to prescribe revolution or the future for Vincent's setting of fantasy mormons. Something similar might be appropriate here: just tell us about how people tend to act and believe in different situations and about different things, and let the players take care of figuring out what the hope for the future looks like.

Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »

That makes a lot of sense, Eero. Mud Planet offers a lot of potential for color that can become content - aiming for greater depth rather than prescribed directions for change.

I think that was a successful playtest in a lot of ways, Frank, which isn't saying the same thing as a fun playtest, unfortunately. I'll review some of the points about the reversed score to see whether I can come up with constructive ideas.

Best, Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: