News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

looking for a publisher

Started by castus nigh, April 09, 2008, 10:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

castus nigh

To Those at The Forge
The very reason I found my way onto 'The Forge' is to find a gaming company or RPG publisher to publish my system.  Medieval, The Experts Rule Playing System is unique rules heavy system with fluid combat rules and the most personalized character generation you have ever seen.  I have removed the areas in traditional D&D games that foster arguments (alignments) and replaced them with a quantitative system that fosters true role-playing with a reward in both experience for true role-playing and rewards for such play!  And thats not all!

The system has taken me 10 years to write, has many unique features I would be happy to discuss at length, at the end of which, I'm sure you will be one of the Medieval e.r.s. too!

Castus Nigh

Christoph Boeckle

Hi Castus (is this your real name?)

Considering the Forge's history and given the advanced state of your game, the biggest success stories usually work via discussion of actual play (or playtesting) and publishing plans (check out the specific forums).
I recommend that you write us a little report, in the Actual Play forum, where you write about an experience with your game that brought you the satisfaction your design aims at, and how this actually happened. This lets people know why your game is cool and why it isn't just another D&D/Rolemaster clone.
Also, considering the Forge's founding principles of creator-ownership, you'll probably have more success finding help to publish the game yourself (it's quite feasible!) than contracting a publisher.
Regards,
Christoph

castus nigh

Thanks for the input, duly noted- check out the play forum for an example, in process of writing it now.

Castus