News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Use These Dice!

Started by MKAdams, February 20, 2008, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Burns

Eero,

I love the game you came up with for this.  The Metal Truth rules are absolutely beautiful.  And the cool thing about the whole thing is that you can take the skeleton and apply it to other things.  I'm not just talking about Terasbetoni doing other stuff, or applying it to other power-metal bands, but to all sorts of bands.  Seriously.  I mean, every counter-culture I can think of has ideals that don't jibe with the mainstream, and they ALL have music to go along with it.  Can you imagine Country & Western Truth, Techno Truth, Crunk Truth, Hardcore Truth, even Emo Truth in action?  I sure as hell can.

-Marshall

David Berg

I did not ever in a million years expect to run across the phrase "Crunk Truth".  If I saw a game called that, or even a game with that featured somewhere on the cover, I would have to flip through it to see what the fuck was up.
here's my blog, discussing Delve, my game in development

Eero Tuovinen

I'm currently re-writing and honing the game for publication in the Finnish rpg magazine. I kinda doubt that we're going to run it, trademark laws and all, but it'd be nice to get it out in the next issue, before ESC is over. Perhaps I'll just ask the Teräsbetoni guys for permission.

I also got to playtest the game. The tab conflicts are just as flawed as they seem and there are empty scenes in the sequence, but most of the other stuff works just fine. The stunting rules are golden. Our playtest crew ended up dating T.A.T.U. and having a swordfighting duel in Belgrad. Very metal.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.