News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Another win for tRoS!

Started by Brian Leybourne, June 25, 2002, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Leybourne

OK, I was impressed enough with this game, but this takes the cake.

I have two roleplaying groups. One of them is amazing, all really good roleplayers and we have an amazing time (we're currently in the middle of a homebrew D20 campaign of mine but will play tRoS afterwards in 6 months or so).

The other group are, to put it bluntly, not terribly good roleplayers. They powergame, care little except for killing things and taking the loot, etc. I guess this is a valid thing to want out of roleplaying, but it's just not for me (Narritivist vs Gamist priorities maybe).

Anyway, the "off" group is the one I have just started tRoS with, as guinnea pigs for the other group basically. One of the players is normally really bad - he only plays one dimensional characters who never develop except in combat skills and never do anything in the game except fight. In fact, he sits and does very little until a combat starts, and then he glorifies in "I rolled 17 and did 8 damage" (or whatever).

Who would have thought tRoS could pull him out of his shell? He's gotten so keen on tRoS that he's actually written a three page background, fleshed his character out, is looking at interesting SA's, and he's really getting into actually roleplaying (as opposed to rollplaying) for the first time ever. Amazing, just amazing.

Jake, ten points man.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

woo-hoo! That's what I want to hear!

Listen, if you (brian) or anyone else frequents some of the other net RPG boards and forums, could you post some of this stuff up there. We're going to Origins next week, and it would be uber-swell to have a little explosion of publicity of this kind before then.

Whaddya say?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake Norwoodwoo-hoo! That's what I want to hear!

Listen, if you (brian) or anyone else frequents some of the other net RPG boards and forums, could you post some of this stuff up there. We're going to Origins next week, and it would be uber-swell to have a little explosion of publicity of this kind before then.

Whaddya say?

Jake

Hmm.. well, I wouldn't want to copy this anywhere where my current tRoS group might see it (for obvious reasons), but if someone else wanted to cross post it (removing my name from it, for gods sake) that would be fine with me.

I don't tend to frequent other rpg boards except rpg.net (and not the forums much since the tRoS one died) but I'll see what I can do.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion