News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Agon] adventures coming

Started by Ben Robbins, March 17, 2008, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Robbins

I just announced this over at the Lame Mage blog but I wanted to give the Agon crew here a heads-up.

I'm working a series of Agon adventures that I'll be releasing as free PDFs. That way when your players are cranked for spears and glory but you've got nothing prepared you'll have something in your back pocket to throw at them.

http://www.lamemage.com/blog/index.php/15/agon-spears-glory/
Ben Robbins
Lame Mage Productions / Beast of Kolkoris free Agon adventure
Ars Ludi / game theory blog

John Harper

Woo! I can't wait.

Ben: If you ever want to make these adventures into a product (a Lulu book or something) I will donate my design services. You can even sell it without giving me a dime. :-)

(I always liked Ron's model for Sorcerer supplements (he has some oversight, but no ownership) and I'd like to do something similar.)
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

red_herring

That's most excellent, Ben. I'm really looking forward to reading/running the adventures. From your site, the M&M products look great, will the Agon adventures be along the same lines in terms of art, general fit and finish, etc? Any thought to an Agon "Monster Manual"?

Ben Robbins

Quote from: John Harper on March 17, 2008, 09:30:47 PM
Ben: If you ever want to make these adventures into a product (a Lulu book or something) I will donate my design services.

That could be very cool! Let me get the PDFs released and then I'll see if there's sufficient interest for a print version.

Quote from: red_herring on March 17, 2008, 09:59:11 PM
From your site, the M&M products look great, will the Agon adventures be along the same lines in terms of art, general fit and finish, etc?

I'm keeping the format simple so that I can get them out the door and in play. Art is pretty critical for a superhero game since every character has a unique look, but for something like this it's just window dressing so I can live without it. Or to wax a little more poetic, the flavor text is the art since that's what the GM will use to paint a picture for the players, so I'm making sure to give the GM a good dose of quotes and scene descriptions to launch from.
Ben Robbins

Ben Robbins

Ben Robbins