News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Agon] free adventure "Temple of Hera" released

Started by Ben Robbins, April 18, 2008, 03:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Robbins

"Heroes, my anger is hot within me! Slay those who defile my shrine! Cleanse my temple! Let not one escape the wrath of Hera!"

Wanna play some Agon but don't have time to get a game ready? Well lucky you! Temple of Hera is now available for download. And it's free.

You can download it from RPGNow or straight from the Lame Mage website. It's the first in the Spears & Glory series, which will include more adventures like Beast of Kolkoris and the now marginally-infamous Sack of Lemotea.

Big thanks to all the playtesters: George Austin, Jeff Collyer, Jonathan Davis, John Farrish, Jeff Hosmer, Mona Hosmer, Patty Kirsch, Georgianna Marshall, Joshua Seigler, and Elliott Wu, as well as the Antagonists who tortured them, Nick Marshall and Mel White. Extra thanks to Mike Frost, Jem Lewis, and Kevin Lewis who I smacked around in the first playtest round, Ching-Ping Lin for her tireless ninja-like vigilance, and of course John Harper for making Agon in the first place.

More info about upcoming adventures on the Lame Mage blog.
Ben Robbins
Lame Mage Productions / Beast of Kolkoris free Agon adventure
Ars Ludi / game theory blog

John Harper

I got a sneak peek at this adventure and it is super cool. Ben includes lots of good general advice for running an Agon game, too.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

advachiel

Hi,

I ran this adventure for a pair of heroes last weekend. Even though none of us had played before we still had a blast and it went pretty smoothly, so thank you for taking the time to produce the adventure.

Funniest thing was the player who won the contest to bed Menae said almost word for word what was mentioned in the sidebar (i.e. 'let me take the horn so that when I leave I have something to remember you by') classic! Needless to say a battle ensued with said hero fighting stark bollock naked. very funny.

Cheers,
Paul

Ben Robbins

That's excellent Paul! I love it when the heroes jump in and really embrace the adventure. So to speak.

So this was your first Agon game? Welcome aboard! Beast of Kolkoris will be ready in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for it.
Ben Robbins

red_herring

Ran Beast of Kolkoris over the weekend--it was a big hit. In fact, I had at least as much fun running the scenario as the rest of the group did playing it. I'll have detailed playtest notes to you soon. Please keep the excellent adventures coming!

Ben Robbins

Rock on red_herring! I got your feedback, and all I can say is: well done sir.

I've got a few questions for you but I'll email you back about them. I think it is entirely possible your heroes have unseated the old record for Fate spent in Beast of Kolkoris. Ouch!
Ben Robbins

Ben Robbins

Ben Robbins

Ben Robbins

Super cool: Mel's got an audio recording of his Temple of Hera playtest:

http://www.archive.org/details/AgonTerpcon

Rock on Mel!
Ben Robbins