Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2019, 07:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New game concept unfinished Power 19  (Read 985 times)
riotopsys
Registree

« on: May 21, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »

I have been wanting to play a character who was a able to change his bodily form at will. I played around with the concept some and came up with a setting exploring the concept with the question "How much are you willing to give up to get what you want?" To further development I'm submitting this power 19. I have some holes to fill in and would appreciate any comments.

1.) What is your game about?**
   Characters are hosts to symbiotic microbes, henceforth call The Symbiont. The Symbiont alters the host to ensure the hosts survival and therefore their own.

2.) What do the characters do?**
   Character attempt to live life as their physical form changes and gradually ostracizes them from society.

3.) What do the players (including the GM if there is one) do?**
   Players choose the actions of their respective characters in response to other character actions and scenarios put forth by the GM. the GM creates two types of scenarios. One in which the characters are temped to exploit The Symbiont possibly further removing them from human norm. The other requiring social interaction with normal humans.

4.) How does your setting (or lack thereof) reinforce what your game is about?
   the setting is the here and now with the exception of a governmental organisation to control infected individuals and a terrorist organization comprised of infected individuals. both are included to give the GM a way of stirring up character's lives and make hiding harder.

5.) How does the Character Creation of your game reinforce what your game is about?
   Character creation focuses on the character before infection so that the character have an attachment to their old life. thereby giving a reason not to court extreme physical alterations available to the characters.

6.) What types of behaviors/styles of play does your game reward (and punish if necessary)?
   [To Do]

7.) How are behaviors and styles of play rewarded or punished in your game?
   [To Do]

8.) How are the responsibilities of narration and credibility divided in your game?
   Primarily narration will fall upon the GM, however players will have control over narration of thoughts, feelings, and actions of their   characters

9.) What does your game do to command the players' attention, engagement, and participation? (i.e. What does the game do to make them care?)
   To Do]

18.) What are your publishing goals for your game?
   free pdf released under CC. somehow.

19.) Who is your target audience?
   roleplayers who like science fiction.

thanks.
Greg 1

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:55:01 AM »

Sounds interesting!  Could you say more about the physical change?  On the one hand, it sounds like people are gradually becoming more grotesque, but if they can change their body form at will, doesn't that mean that they can look normal?
riotopsys
Registree

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:53:10 AM »

Sounds interesting!  Could you say more about the physical change?  On the one hand, it sounds like people are gradually becoming more grotesque, but if they can change their body form at will, doesn't that mean that they can look normal?

Thanks for looking at this.
Good point I'll need to further clarify the limitations on transformations.

What I'm after is that the symbiont makes a change and is reluctant to undue it after all the problem occurred once it may once more so why waist effort undoing it. I think I need a characters player negotiate changes with a different player who has the symbiont's best interest in mind. thereby taking control partly away from either.

I'll be rewriting this this weekend I hope, please any other comments are welcome.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: