News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My project for GenCon: A Capes Scenario

Started by TonyLB, July 28, 2008, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Yeah, it's a little crazy to be doing final assembly this close to a convention, but what the hey ... all my other preparations were done, and I've had this half-finished product in the wings for ... forever.

I'm putting the final touches on my scenario "Invasion from Earth Prime", to go on sale at the Play Collective booth come this GenCon.  If anyone wonders how abbreviated the production cycle on a gaming product can be, this is probably about as tight as I'd ever push things.

What I have to do (apart from last minute editing) is to finish twelve character portraits (for each of the major characters in the scenario) and a cover splash.  So, thirteen pieces of art.  I started a week ago, and I have finished six character portraits to date.  When time permits, I'll get some of them up on the Muse of Fire web page, and folks can take a gander.

Wish me luck!
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

TonyLB

Art's up, and the total of finished pieces has now reached eight of thirteen.  It was a good day for sketching.

hix

Very nice, Tony!  Colour me interested.  Couple of questions:

How much are you selling the scenario for?

How long do you estimate it will take to run?  Is it a three-hour con scenario, or the kick-off to a campaign, or both, or something else?
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

TonyLB

I'll be selling it for $10.

It has twenty-four characters in three interwoven settings, so it should provide.

Uh ...

I have no idea how much it would provide.  If people liked the characters, I could see it being a campaign (although I suspect that the Exemplar conflicts would get rewoven frequently in order to deal with events) but I imagined it more as a scenario for an evening (or a few evening's) play, or else a supplement to throw an alternate-reality invasion into an existing game.

5niper9

Hi Tony,
I'm very interested, so I'm asking for the people behind the ocean (like me):

Will there be a pdf version?
Will it be at IPR? If so, when?

Best,
René

TonyLB

There will not be a PDF version, but it will be going on IPR's catalog ... the timing of that depends on how much stock I have after GenCon.  If I need to do a second printing in order to give IPR any stock (fingers crossed!  that'd be nice!) then there will be a bit of a delay.

TonyLB

And, final copy-edits are done, it's at the printers, and scheduled to be in my hands come thursday.

Nice to know the very fastest I can get something pulled together.  Not planning to do that again, though.

TonyLB

Books are in my hot little hands, just in time to go in my stuffed little suitcase.  Seeya at GenCon!