News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Improve Your Game - Editor For Hire

Started by akohler, July 09, 2008, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akohler

Hello, everyone.

My name is Aijalyn Kohler.

I have a strong passion for gaming and am interested in expanding my professional experience and business relationships within the RPG community.

I have been working as an independent freelance editor, writer, and literary consultant since 1996 and I have been working as a managing editor for  AJP Services since 2003. Prior to that, I also performed freelance editorial and writing services under contract to several other online writing companies. I volunteer my writing and editing services to several community projects, including The Wikipedia, Project Gutenberg, The Open Directory, and The KDE Documentation Project.

My recent work has including editing a novella for an upcoming RPG, editing ebooks for Web distribution, and writing and editing technical content for use in certification preparation courses. Over the past two months, I have edited four adventures for Exodus OPS, a d20 Post-Apocalyptic Role Playing System  published by Glutton Creeper Games.

Skills and Accomplishments:

Achieved a perfect score on the verbal component of the SAT; Edited for conformity to AAA, AMA, AP, APA, CBE/CSE, Chicago, MLA, NLM, Turabian, and other styles; Skilled using both old and new Internet communication protocols; Delivered content in a variety of industry standard formats, including HTML, LaTeX, Adobe PDF and PostScript, DocBook, OpenDocument Text (ODT), and others.

Client Responses:

Haven RPG novella:"Fast and efficient professional editing,
I couldn't have been more pleased with the result and the speed at which it was processed."
   -- Dillon Langlands,
     Creative Director,
     Penniless Canadian Stereotypes,
     http://www.stereotypegames.ca/

Linux Certification Exam curriculum:
   "Very good work in short time...plain and simple.
   I'll definitely hire ajp-services (sic) again if I'm in trouble."
   --Daniel Ovaska,
     International Project Leader,
     Wide International,
     http://www.wideinternational.se/

If you're looking for a fast, quality, reasonably priced editor with over a decade of experience, give me a buzz.

Sincerely,
Aijalyn Kohler