News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Online card resources?

Started by Pilgrim, July 22, 2008, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Hey folks, a friend of mine and I are considering an online 9W game. Right now we're kind of stuck for a online 'deck.'

I know I can use Inspiration Pad Pro for this, but we're hoping for something that allows the users to see and reveal their cards, etc. but also allow a variety of draws. NetCards would have done the trick - but its apparently gone and lost save for trial downloads.

So, anyone know any online resources that allow the drawing and play of cards like Nine Worlds?

Thanks in advance!
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike
Exos integro, sugiliato curatio, y femellas amo cicatrix.

Matt Snyder

I'm not aware of any such resource. I'd love to see one. Let me know if you find one!

I have played online games, however, via Skype (voice-over-internet). We never made any issue at all out of "Each player has a real deck of cards in front of him near his keyboard. He draws and tells people what he draws." Could someone cheat? Of course.

If you're playing a chat or other form, that still can work. Just do your card thing, and announce your fate value. "I got a 7." "Dang! I had a 6. Ok, you got a victory. What happens?"
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Pilgrim

Thank you Matt. I need to do a better job remembering the low tech solutions.
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike

Pilgrim

And there are high tech solutions I've discovered.

http://new.rpol.net has a dice roller which can simulate a poker deck draw.

http://csmsp.awardspace.com/card.html allows draws.
--