News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A space-themed RPG

Started by RadiantWind, June 23, 2008, 12:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadiantWind

Hello, I'm new here, and I'm wondering if a futuristic RPG sounds like a good idea. Most of the RPGs here are set in the past, and I want to submit something new. I'm also wondering whether I should make my RPG advanced, as in complicated, or simple. Thanks for your replies!

JohnG

The answer, to be simple, is make what you want.  Honestly there's plenty of Sci-Fi as well as Fantasy and modern, there's simple and complex.  We're really more help if you have an idea in mind already you're working on than we are to tell you what you should be making.
John Grigas
Head Trip Games
headtripgames@hotmail.com
www.headtripgames.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars

JohnG

oh and welcome to the Forge
John Grigas
Head Trip Games
headtripgames@hotmail.com
www.headtripgames.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars

Lazy Wombat

IMO there's always room for one more space-themed RPG, especially if it's a good one. ;-)

First Oni

Definitely welcome!

And i totally agree with the others. Make the game you want and others will follow. Maybe not everyone, but there's always someone out there that wants just the type of game you're making. :-)
Eloy Lasanta, CEO of Third Eye Games
Buy "Apocalypse Prevention, Inc." NOW!!!
API Worldwide: Canada - Available Now!

migo

If the RPG is going to be traditional (hero focused), I would think a Star Wars like space themed RPG which is really Space Fantasy would be a good way to go. There are a lot of brilliant Sci-Fi RPG settings that are great reads and fun to think about but really hard to figure out how to play. That's probably something you'd want to avoid unless you're making a coffee table book.