News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Olde Realm

Started by Eldrad, June 06, 2007, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldrad

Well it seems that what I have is a possible "fantasy heart breaker". Damn those articles are really great. I have already decided to never try to make money with an RPG just have fun with them and to avoid at all cost a fantasy heart breaker.

Would it be interesting to have a weird Olde Realm RPG mixed with various short stories, weird art, in a huge completely mixed up PDF or cheaply published book? When I say mixed up I mean one chapter about monsters, the next some rules, the next some poems, and the next weird artwork and so on in no certain article. Akin to books such as the Golden Bough or some weird Victorian reference or scholarly book. A book that when you pick it up you could flip through it and always find something unusual. You would never have to read it from from to back. 

The original system described above works this way. Roll % or less to succeed. Default skills at 25% that you don't put anything in. See the 20 base skills or attributes. Characters can be made in minutes. 

Simple.

Eldrad

After reading the Fantasy Heartbreakers I began to free myself from the D&D model. My game setting was already a departure from the D&D model but still had many of the elements such as elves, orcs, and goblins. I have since decided to change the setting up a bit. No ors or goblins but completely new creatures not based on the heartbreaker model! The Elves will be changed up to not resemble D&D elves not for the sake of just doing them different but the new freedom I now have by thinking outside the box. I have decided to make this work a labor of love and not for money as researching the market there is no money in RPGs. My gamebooks shall resemble more of a weird old occult manuscript or desktop dictionary when/if I ever finish it. It shall be a part of the "New Weird" Movement