News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Going to Origins

Started by Jake Norwood, June 30, 2002, 01:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

I'm going to be gone for about 10 days, during which I probably won't be active at all on this here forum, nor will I answer my emails. Just thought you all should know.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Christopher Kubasik

Hi Jake,

Have a great time.

A note: The Riddle of Steel web site seems to be down.

Thought you should know.

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Jake Norwood

Yeah, just noticed that myself...not much I can do right now. Hopefully it's my server in Australia or wherever, and it'll be fixed by tomorrow.

Have fun, all.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Damien

Hi there !

As the TROS site is actualy down, I dare ask an OT question:

Have I someday a chance to get/buy a copy of the game here in France ?!
;)

Cheers

Damien

Brian Leybourne

Hi Damien,

The game is set for general release this August. Up until a month or so ago, it was possible to buy a copy on-line from Jake Norwood (who wrote it), but those advance copies have now sold out (unless he finds one propping up his desk corner that he doesn't need), so unfortunately you'll have to wait another 5-6 weeks.

At that time, it'll certainly be possible to buy it on-line from a US or British gaming store. I can't speak for shops in France, Jake will have to answer that when he gets back, ditto I have no knowledge about possible translations etc, although given that Jake is a linguist by trade, it's not completely unlikely :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Damien

Thank you.

For the french translation, I think I wouldn't be necessary, even if my english  is a mess  :/
I'm used to have my RPG book in English.

Argh... 5/6 weeks...
I'm very impatient to get my hands on that book, but I think I can wait 2 month.
;/

BTW, even if  I haven't read the rules, I may be of little help on this forum:

- I've got the 2 books of M. Clements.
- I practice Historcal European Martials Arts for 10 years.
- I'm addict to RPG since 1985.

So, if I can help in my humble ways...

Lance D. Allen

Damien,

Jake's not here, so I'll step up and give you an unofficial welcome to the Forge, and to the TRoS forum. A very few of us have any experience with RL combat, and anyone adding to that number would, I am sure, be greatly appreciated. I have a little more experience than most I think, but mine is pretty sparse all the same, so I can speak for myself at least in saying anything you've got to say is welcome.

As for having to wait.. You're not alone in your frustration, but there are several neat downloads to check out on the TRoS page (once it comes back up) which you can use to assuage some of your hunger for the game. Brian's Combat Sim should be in my mailbox soon, and anyone who wants a copy before it shows up on the Downloads page of the TRoS website is welcome to private message me or e-mail me for a copy.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Damien

Lance,
Thank you for your welcome words.
As I said, if I can help: just ask!

For those interested, I can be contacted by e-mail at:
ILL.OMEN@wanadoo.fr

BTW, what is "Brian's Combat Sim" ?

Bye.

Damien

Lance D. Allen

QuoteBTW, what is "Brian's Combat Sim" ?

Brian Leybourne, one of the members of the forum here, is writing a combat simulation program for The Riddle of Steel. It allows most basic interactions in a simple one-on-one duel using the TRoS combat system. Fun just to play around with, but additionally very nice for checking out techniques, strategies, etc to use in actual play. Version 2 is complete, and I, as one of the playtesters of the sim, will be receiving a copy of it in my e-mail prior to it going up on the website (due to Jake being away, and the website being down). Brian has given permission for me to e-mail it to those who don't want to wait for it to be uploaded to the TRoS website, when Jake returns from Origins.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Damien

Sounds interesting...

Would you mind sending it to me ?

Thank you.

Damien