News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NOVEL RPG System playtest

Started by Eldrad, September 06, 2007, 09:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldrad

I feel I have not accurately described the way the NOVEL RPG rules flow so very well.

Do the descriptions I give make sense (At least the complete ones that I could actually get back to)?

rasterix

What your system reminds me of most is Everway. This has the resolution mechanic pretty much decoupled from the character 'statistics'.  Certainly the way my GM ran it, you might as well leave the character sheet at home. The game uses a deck of 36 tarot like cards to resolve events. These have generally positive or negative implications, but also provide a keyword for the GM to bounce off. Some of the best games I have been in have used this system.

Quote from: Eldrad on September 17, 2008, 11:15:14 PM
I feel I have not accurately described the way the NOVEL RPG rules flow so very well.

Do the descriptions I give make sense (At least the complete ones that I could actually get back to)?

The descriptions you give make a great deal of sense. Role-playing really can be that simple. What you have posted is not new, but it deserves to be shouted from the rooftops. All you need is the imagination and some like minded friends and you can have a great time.