News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

the 4-year overhaul

Started by Matt Wilson, September 24, 2008, 07:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wilson

My big print run only lasted two years. I thought it'd last three. So I'm out of books, and I figure I'd address a few things rather than just do another re-printing.

My timeline, which fellow publishers can laugh along with, is end of the year. Of course it depends on a few factors.

Finishing the edits I think I need -- I'm about halfway through the text now.

Reviewing everyone's suggestions -- have gotten some good feedback.

Getting someone decent to edit it. I'm talking content editor in particular. Organization isn't my strong point.

Dropping in some new art, maybe.

Updates to come.

-Matt

jasongreeno

Hey Matt,

Maybe not the right place for my comments, but I just wanted to say what a great experience I had tonight playing Primetime Adventures!

I recently moved to Boston and stopped in on a night of Story Games where I was introduced to your game. For such a diverse group of strangers to come together and spend the next few hours laughing and creatively entertaining each other was a great first adventure.

I'll be picking up a copy (actually downloading) on my next round of purchases.

Nice job.

jonsan

Quote from: Matt Wilson on September 24, 2008, 07:06:48 AM
My big print run only lasted two years. I thought it'd last three. So I'm out of books, and I figure I'd address a few things rather than just do another re-printing.

I recently found out about PTA, and after a decade hiatus from RPGs I am excited to play again. I want to buy PTA, but I'd rather not pay for the pdf and then turn around to buy a new edition a month later. Also, I'm keen to own a physical copy of the book. Any update on when 3rd edition will be done and will you be offering a pre-order+pdf package for sale?

J
Toothpaste is not a snack.

Matt Wilson

The revision is waiting on the availability of an editor, mostly. I'll post updates when I got 'em.

jessecoombs

I'm not playing anymore PTA until I get the new version! That's right, I'm holding my fun ransom for the people. You hear me, Wilson?

Welkerfan

Hey Matt--just wondering if you've made any headway on revising the text or if you're still in search of an editor.
Brenton Wiernik

Matt Wilson

I actually have some writing to do which is holding me up more than an editor.

jessecoombs

Seriously though, take as long as you need. We're all just big fans and are excited for anything that's coming out of your shop.

HighmoonMedia

Let me throw in a requisite "how's it going on the new edition?" post, since I just came across this.

Matt Wilson

Quote from: HighmoonMedia on April 27, 2009, 12:30:25 AM
Let me throw in a requisite "how's it going on the new edition?" post, since I just came across this.

Ha, thanks for asking. I actually opened the doc and worked on it a little last week.

HighmoonMedia

Awesome. As you already saw, I got some new players into PTA last week. They have one book that I gave them, so I'll tell em to get the PDF in the meantime. I'll get one as well.  :-)

jonsan

Well, I bought the 2nd edition and finally have a group to play with. I noticed this thread has been inactive for a year so I figured I would drop a note and find out if a 3rd ed is still in the oven.
Toothpaste is not a snack.