News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest 2009

Started by Willow, November 07, 2008, 01:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vv_gm

Hello all. First post!! :)

I probably will not be able to attend for the entire weekend, but Madison is only 2 and a 1/2 hours from where I live. If I were to attend on just Saturday, could I pay a small fee to cover some of the cost of the rooms? And if so, then how much?

Also, I'm one of the regular contributors to Gnome Stew and if I attend I'd like to write an article based upon my experience at the con. The site is dedicated to helping GMs and I would love to share what various indie games are doing with their approach to the role of a GM. Would anyone be interested in talking about that and any products in particular?

Thanks in advance!

Ron Edwards

Hi, and welcome!

To answer your second question first, I'll be there and I'd be happy to talk with you about any of that stuff. Getting more voices than just mine would be good too.

About the room - are you inquiring about sharing with someone? I ask because it's not quite clear to me what you're asking. If you're talking about just getting a room for one night, then call the hotel and mention Forge Midwest, because you're eligible for the reduced rate.

Best, Ron

greyorm

I've just been handed my own leash for the weekend: wife says I can go. If I don't hear from anyone by Weds. evening about room sharing or trip-planning, I'll get myself a room and plan the trip as a straight shot from here, and hope one of the local crew is able to come down with me to help defray costs.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

vv_gm

Quote from: Ron Edwards on March 30, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
To answer your second question first, I'll be there and I'd be happy to talk with you about any of that stuff. Getting more voices than just mine would be good too.

Thanks! That would be great! I look forward to meeting with you and others.

Quote from: Ron Edwards on March 30, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
About the room - are you inquiring about sharing with someone? I ask because it's not quite clear to me what you're asking. If you're talking about just getting a room for one night, then call the hotel and mention Forge Midwest, because you're eligible for the reduced rate.

Sorry about the confusion. I should clarify what I meant. I want to drive up to Madison Saturday morning, hang out at Forge Midwest for the day, and drive back Saturday evening. The room I was referring to was the conference rooms. Is there a way that I can chip in for that?

greyorm

Unfortunately, one of the guys who was interested in coming with me can't go; thankfully, I hadn't yet called to reserve the room. So it doesn't look like I'll be going this year. Just too expensive to do gas and a room on my own. Nor do I relish the thought of a solitary six-hour drive.

But I hope you all have fun!
Wild Hunt Studio

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Regarding the conference room, I'll be accepting donations, but nothing more formal than that. The cost is actually quite low.

Best, Ron

Clyde L. Rhoer

I've put the food pages up again. A little more work on them this year means they're a little bit better than last year. I've still got a few more local restaurants I want to add to the local page, but will be done by Friday.

I may only show up for a little bit, I'm still healing up from back surgery last week. Looking forward to seeing folks anyway.
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

buzz

When do things usually get rolling on Friday? I took the day off, so I'll be there by the afternoon, most likely.

And anyone want me to bring my copy of Arkham Horror?
A.k.a., Mark Delsing

Nev the Deranged

There is still bed space in the room Juli and I will be sharing, for one or two people who don't snore, or at least not too loudly. Greyorm, if that means you can make it, we'll be happy to share.

Buzz knows I already have dibs on a spot in the Mouse Guard game!

greyorm

Quote from: Nev the Deranged on April 08, 2009, 11:24:51 PMThere is still bed space in the room Juli and I will be sharing, for one or two people who don't snore, or at least not too loudly. Greyorm, if that means you can make it, we'll be happy to share.

That would be awesome, many thanks for the offer! (And I don't snore, though I do occasionally talk in my sleep.) I will need to check with the wife and such--since we had planned I was going to be home for the weekend, and this is a bit last minute--so I'll have to get back to you tomorrow with a certain answer, if that's not a problem.
Wild Hunt Studio

Matt Snyder

Not gonna make it this year, gang. The main hang-up is that it's Easter weekend and my family always does a big gathering. I can take or leave Easter itself, but not the family.

I really hope everyone has a blast!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Clyde L. Rhoer

Buzz,
I'll be there sometime between 3 and 4 p.m. If you're going to be there earlier i'll be having lunch on that side of town with friends around 2:30. I'm not sure I can add someone, but if you're hungry and around I'll see how they feel. If you were to take the digits 608 and 284 then add the digits 7723 you'd have a magic formula that would let you hear my voice. That formula is fixed in place as I don't own a cell. You won't be able to get me tonight, but I should be up around noon at the latest tomorrow.

Matt,
Sorry to hear that I was looking forward to seeing you.

Clyde L. Rhoer

... or take theoryfromthecloset and throw it at the dartboard of gmail.com.

Nev the Deranged

Quote from: greyorm on April 09, 2009, 04:35:43 AM
Quote from: Nev the Deranged on April 08, 2009, 11:24:51 PMThere is still bed space in the room Juli and I will be sharing, for one or two people who don't snore, or at least not too loudly. Greyorm, if that means you can make it, we'll be happy to share.

That would be awesome, many thanks for the offer! (And I don't snore, though I do occasionally talk in my sleep.) I will need to check with the wife and such--since we had planned I was going to be home for the weekend, and this is a bit last minute--so I'll have to get back to you tomorrow with a certain answer, if that's not a problem.

No worries, man. Feel free to call my cell (847) 401 7671, or just show up. I'm sure Juli won't mind splitting the cost another way.

greyorm

Quote from: Nev the Deranged on April 10, 2009, 12:44:19 AMNo worries, man. Feel free to call my cell (847) 401 7671, or just show up. I'm sure Juli won't mind splitting the cost another way.

I e-mailed you earlier. Hopefully that went through.
Wild Hunt Studio