News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Forge at GenCon - CRUCIAL POST

Started by Ron Edwards, July 09, 2002, 11:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason L Blair

Once Ron has a final list compiled, I'll make up some flyers. Just so everyone knows, I need the list by the 24th. I plan on including the names of the companies/people exhibiting, the games being sold and demoed, and a list of websites where people can get further information. So, if you're at the booth selling or demoing the game, make sure Ron and/or I have this information.

To recap:

Your name or your company name
The games you have for sale/free (let us know which is which. If you have both, please differentiate)
Your game or company website
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Gordon C. Landis

As one of the warm bodies in the booth (he said, feeding Jason et al yet another line) - if folks want to do some pre-convention prep, I'm all in favor of it.  Discussions of the demos you want to run, character creation, briefings on your rule set . . . I'll read whatever you send me, and respond/discuss as desired.

Fun times are abornin', I just knows it!

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

GreatWolf

(This seemed to be the right thread for this.  If not, apologies.)

I will indeed be at GenCon on Saturday and plan on hanging out in the Forge booth for the duration of the day.  I won't have an exhibitor's badge, but I'm willing to be a warm body for a demo if anyone needs an extra player.  Looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

woodelf

Quote from: Ron EdwardsOh yeah!

To clarify:

1) To be an exhibitor at the booth costs $60.
2) To sell a game at the booth costs $100.

So: if you're present, and you aren't selling a game, it costs you $60. (You are free to demo and rep for a free game.) Example: Paul Czege.

If you're present and selling a specific game, it costs you $160. Example: Jake Norwood.

If you're not present, and you want us to be repping and selling your game, it costs you $100. Example: no one yet.

Best,
Ron

what if we just want to give out ad flyers, gratis?  will you take a stack of those if we're not present, and will it cost anything?  [that is, we'll be present at the con, but not have time to help at the booth.]
--
woodelf
not necessarily speaking on behalf of
The Impossible Dream

Ron Edwards

Hello,

As I've said before, all flyers and free promotional material for creator-owned games will be accepted and passed out at the booth.

Best,
Ron