News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Grindhouse Game Contest] Horror/Exploitation Games

Started by reaction, October 18, 2008, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reaction

Grindhouse Game Contest

Ok, I'm starting a new game design contest. Write a game based on a category of exploitation or grindhouse movies in (about) the next two weeks. Entries are due by the end of the Halloween weekend. The winning entry will be selected by a most-likely horribly biased panel of judges, thick with the toxicity of status. The winner will receive a movie from the category that he or she chose. Below I've listed categories of different types of exploitation films, along with examples of posters and movie lists, where I could find them. If you have any other suggestions for categories, or anything else about the contest, let me know. Otherwise, if you're in, tap in here.

For a pretty comprehensive article on exploitation films, check out wikipedia. For movie poster inspiration, check out http://weirdposters.blogspot.com/. All links have definate NSFW potential.

I'll be making another post closer to the end of the contest with more specifics about submissions, but for now lets just say that it has to be either a txt file or a pdf,  and it must be about at least one of the categories below.

Categories:

Vulpinoid

Recently I've been thinking of doing something with a heavy "b-grade/grindhouse" feel to it.

This sounds like a fun opportunity.

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

reaction

One note that came out of the discussion of this contest on SG, is that my hope for this contest, when it's finished, is to possibly compile the entries into a free pdf. So, if you're cool with that, awesome; if not, let me know when you submit your entry.

Vulpinoid

Yeah, no problems. Grindhouse isn't about commercial success, so a free giveaway fits the theme.

I think I've seen far too many of the films whose posters are listed at that blog...

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

reaction

All right, if anybody over here has an entry, go ahead and post by the end of this weekend.