News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A way to frame shows with a single "star"

Started by Welkerfan, December 13, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welkerfan

I was watching a couple of series from the old Doctor Who, and an idea clicked in my head.

It has sometimes been frustrating that a lot of the shows I think of for PTA include one character which is much more important than the others, both in terms of plot and the overall series.  My thought was:  what if that more-important character is not a player?

In many of the old Doctor Who series, the Doctor was the star, but he was accompanied by several companions on his adventures.  If each of the companions were players, then the game could progress pretty much as normal.  Each player could have equal control over the narration of the Doctor's (or other important character's) actions.  Especially if the issues are either about the relationship with the important character or are something that the important character has a direct hand in resolving, I think that this concept would work well.

Any thoughts?
Brenton Wiernik

Ron Edwards

I think it works really well.

Gilligan does seem suited to that concept - nothing but pure adversity for the player-characters, with a goofy grin.

Best, Ron