News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Last post viewed

Started by Matt Gwinn, June 27, 2002, 12:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

Clinton,
There is currently an option to go directly to the most recent post of a thread.  Is there any way to set it up so it will take you to the last post you viewed?

I may view a thread and not get back to it until 20 new posts have been added.  The most recent post option is kind of pointless in such cases, but an option that will take me directly to the last post I read would be helpful as I won't have to sort through everything trying to remember what I have and havent read already.

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Clinton R. Nixon

Matt,

There's not an option in the software for that, and I'm loathe to program one in.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Seth L. Blumberg

Click on the little orange arrow-and-page icon to the left of the thread topic.
the gamer formerly known as Metal Fatigue

Paganini

Matt, just occurred to me that "notify via email" does pretty much what you want it to. Whenever a new post is made to a thread that you're watching, an email notification will be sent to you. After the first notification, though, the system won't send any more until you've looked at the thread. The notification points to the post that was just made, so you can jump right to the middle of the thread.

This entails a little extra work though, and I'm not sure you can do it for threads that you haven't posted to. :)

Seth L. Blumberg

You can enable email notification for threads you haven't posted to--just click on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of the page.
the gamer formerly known as Metal Fatigue

Paganini

Quote from: Seth L. BlumbergYou can enable email notification for threads you haven't posted to--just click on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of the page.

My browser doesn't give me that option unless I'm posting. Is it a limitation of my browser, or does it depend on some other setting, or what?

Gordon C. Landis

Quote from: PaganiniMy browser doesn't give me that option unless I'm posting. Is it a limitation of my browser, or does it depend on some other setting, or what?
You do need to be logged in to the site to see the link, but that's all - for me, anyway.

In an ideal world, the link would exist when you weren't logged in and prompt you to do so when you clicked it - but I noticed a little while back that (esp. when it comes to computers), we don't live in an ideal world.  Kinda a sad momment, actually :-)

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)