News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Archive Discussion

Started by Ring Kichard, July 14, 2002, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ring Kichard

My Forge Archive Plan is available. If you have any questions, comments, criticisms, or concerns about the plan in general, this would be the place to talk about them.

So, what do ya' think?
Richard Daly, who asks, "What should people living in glass houses do?"
-
Sand Mechanics summary, comments welcome.

Ron Edwards

I like it lots so far.

If you would, please add this thread to the "Cult of Ron" section; it's really where I lay down my thoughts on the matter.

Cult of Ron

Also, I think using the above format, so the reader sees the boldface title of the thread as the link, is the best way to go.

Best,
Ron

Ring Kichard

Quote from: Ron
Also, I think using the above format, so the reader sees the boldface title of the thread as the link, is the best way to go.

I'll do that for the finished list, after the discussion period, yeah. I think it's important to make the url visible while we're fielding discussion on the entries, so people know exactly where the thread is located. The ID number also gives a general sense of how old the post is.

The Cult of Ron entry will be added to the archives, but I notice that it's from the GNS Discussion Index. Would it be all right to put it with that?

This raises a good issue, actually, should the highest-level category be the forum indices?

::Edited when I noticed where the Cult entry was located::
-

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Ring Kichard
This raises a good issue, actually, should the highest-level category be the forum indices?

Not necessarily - we've gotten some threads in the wrong forums over time. I think they're a good guide, but there might be better categories:

- Evolution of the Forge
- Social structure
- Forge policies
- Fighting entropy
- Technical issues
- GNS
- Other theory issues
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ring Kichard

Quote from: Clinton
Not necessarily - we've gotten some threads in the wrong forums over time. I think they're a good guide, but there might be better categories:

- Evolution of the Forge
- Social structure
- Forge policies
- Fighting entropy
- Technical issues
- GNS
- Other theory issues

Hmm, I think this is a candidate for a cross-index. This would let me progress through the Forum Indices linearly - instead of hoping back and forth - while building the archive. The cross-index could be updated with every new addition to the primary index collection.

Whatcha' think?
-

Ron Edwards

Hi Richard,

I'm thinking that the best way to go is topic-only, like "Gamist design" or stuff like that, and pretty much to abandon any effort to consolidate Archive topics by forums-as-categories.

Best,
Ron