News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Lilo & Stitch as Sorcerer

Started by Clay, July 15, 2002, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

We took the kids to see Lilo and Stitch yesterday, and after laughing my posterior off for the entire length of the movie, it occurred to me that this was a good template for a very funny sorcerer story. In terms of Sorcerer mechanics, it's essentially the story of a binding.

The premise is that even a small and broken family is better than none at all. The situation is a pair of orphans, one adult and one young child, trying to stay together as a family. The threat is the child protective services agency that isn't keen on the necessarily dicey household management skills of a young single mother who's just been forced kicking and screaming into the world. The demon is a naturally destructive otherworld entity, adopted by this small and broken family. The binding, and the story itself, occur as they try to establish the new demon's place in the family.

What's the answer to their premise? I'll let you see the movie for yourself. You'll laugh yourself silly.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Ron Edwards

Hi,

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on it. The promotion for the movie had "demon" written all over it.

Also, Stitch is a dead ringer for the "furry" character in the Roxana comics by LeTendre and Loisel. I mean, exactly. I'll keep an eye out for any other visuals that seem as if they ... somehow ... wandered into Disney from there.

Best,
Ron

hardcoremoose

I thought the same thing after seeing Lilo & Stitch.  It's not surprising; my understanding was that the whole film was Disney's (somewhat belated) take on the Pokemon phenomenon.  ;)

Nonetheless, it was a fine film - the most entertaining from this company since The Little Mermaid (okay, I liked Aladdin too, but the rest have left me cold).   Retro Disney animation, with aliens and Elvis.  And Kevin McDonald from Kids in the Hall.  What could be better?

- Scott