News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Playtest begins anew

Started by GreatWolf, July 15, 2002, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

Last Saturday, Ralph (Valamir) joined myself, my wife, and my sister to set up an Alyria storymap.  Play is scheduled for next Saturday.  I'll be sure to write up brief summaries of play as well as rules testing considerations that arise.

I'd also love to hear if anyone else is doing playtest.  Post your thoughts!  Feedback is welcome, and suggestions for improvement is definitely craved.  I won't promise to agree with you, but I'll definitely listen.

Also, don't forget that I want storymaps generated through actual play for the rulebook.  So far I haven't received any.  Please don't make me make them all myself!  :-)
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Jürgen Mayer

Quote from: GreatWolfAlso, don't forget that I want storymaps generated through actual play for the rulebook.  So far I haven't received any.
Hey, I sent you our storymap for Operation White Dove. Ok, it's in German, and probably not suited for the rulebook, cause it's featuring the High Lords, who will prolly be different from the official High Lords, but still, you have received one.
It's too bad I didn't have time to play in the last weeks, but my workload will hopefully be reduced enough in August that I can continue playtesting.
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

GreatWolf

Whoops!  You're right, Jurgen.  I had almost forgotten about that.  Could you send it to me again, along with the character stats?  I'm sure that the storymap could be translated easily enough.  And I don't care that the storymap is about the High Lords.  I plan on putting in a storymap of mine that's about the High Lords, so it is cool with me.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Jürgen Mayer

I'll see what I can dig up and send you an email.
It would be sweet if we could get an Alyria game going in Milwaukee...
Jürgen Mayer

GreatWolf

Quote from: Jürgen Mayer
It would be sweet if we could get an Alyria game going in Milwaukee...

Are you going to be at GenCon?  As I noted in a different thread, I will be there Friday night and Saturday, and I would be perfectly willing to run a game of Alyria.  I'll be sure to have sufficient moon dice and sheets with me.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Jürgen Mayer

Jürgen Mayer

Mike Holmes

Well, I'm sure we'll all be there for the demo. The only question I have is:

will the bag still be there waiting for us?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

GreatWolf

And in the darkness of the Web lurks...the bag!

Actually, the bag was a good idea.  Too bad we were collectively too exhausted to run with it.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Mike Holmes

Quote from: GreatWolfActually, the bag was a good idea.  Too bad we were collectively too exhausted to run with it.

Um, that's what I'm saying. I think that you should make it the centerpiece of the demo at GenCon. People can create their map around it. Perhaps they'll discover the secret of the bag this year. Perhaps not, and they'll continue to try and decipher its nature for many conventions to come. Oh, why does it need so?!

The point is that it's a great MacGuffin. You can get a lot of play out of a mysterious item like that.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.