News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Agon] free adventure "Beast of Kolkoris" unleashed

Started by Ben Robbins, May 20, 2008, 04:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Robbins

In the labyrinth of Kolkoris a monster lurks, hiding its face from the immortal gods. It has ravaged countries and eaten the flesh of the living, but now the gods have declared that the Beast must die.

So you already ran Temple of Hera and you're looking for more adventure to crush your heroes with? Wait no longer. After a few delays (and a few crushed heroes), Beast of Kolkoris is ready to go.

Download it from RPGNow or straight from the Lame Mage website.

Big thanks to Antagonist Phil Lewis and his players, Gene Hughes, Tom Peters and Mark Trosien, plus all the brave players who burned through so much Fate in the first playtest round: Gavin Cummins, Mike Frost, Kevin Lewis and Ching-Ping Lin.

Get more info about upcoming adventures on the Lame Mage blog.
Ben Robbins
Lame Mage Productions / Beast of Kolkoris free Agon adventure
Ars Ludi / game theory blog

Nathan Frund

These are great adventures.  I'm using them along with my own material to stitch together a campaign.

Thanks for publishing them.

Ben Robbins

Thanks Nathan. Definitely tell us how they play out.

You might also be interested in a post I've been working on about increasing the longevity of your Agon campaign by making quests with different starting points. Take a look:

Advanced Agon: Deeper Quests
Ben Robbins
Lame Mage Productions / Beast of Kolkoris free Agon adventure
Ars Ludi / game theory blog

Entsuropi

Just wanted to use some thread resurrection magic to say: this adventure is fantastic! Very well written, and it's clear you have a great understanding of Greek myth and how to use that flavour. I'm hoping to run this at some point, but I'm tied down with a 1 year long Dark Heresy game at the moment so who knows? Regardless, your adventure gave me a great feel for how to run AGON, something that I lacked when I ran it a while back. I went for a Hollywood feeling, with the gods visibly having wires holding them up and fake smoke billowing across the players vision, which may not be quite right but went down well.

Though I did let the players board and sink pirate ships, so it's all good. Their idea of 'greek roleplaying' was to rename the game 'rape quest' and demand that all young men be handed over to the group after capturing a village, lol.