News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Shab-Al-Hiri Roach] With super powers!!!!

Started by thadrine, January 18, 2009, 02:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thadrine

So all throughout my day at work I could not help but think about how much I love the concept of Shab-Al-Hiri Roach, but still I can never get anyone to play it because the plot device is a cockroach. Because, after all my discussions with players that is the same thing that I here over and over again, "That is just a little weird". Then to the same group I described this same game, but used a Super Heroes, controlled by an evil telepathic mastermind, and suddenly they were interested. Even though I described the exact same mechanics and types of gameplay.......no they are not very bright. But this got me thinking. This game would be amazing applied to other concepts.

Super Heroes
Replace skills with physical and non-phsyical and choose one of those to represent your power then choose a power and a setting. The "Roach" could easily be some powerful alien overlord that dominates the minds of men......

Fantasy Horror
Replace skills with a combat and non-combat skill and choose your type (fighting, magic, skill based) and choose your guild or noble house. The "Roach" could be a demon that has possessed a member of the party

Other Ideas:
Star Wars
Wizard School (something similar to Harry Potter)
X-Files (alien symbiote can take over agent)

I think most of these ideas are really interesting and would be able to grab the interest of more players than a cockroach. What do you think?

whiteknife

If that's what it takes to get people to play then go for it! Also, remember that things rarely get worse with the addition of super pwoers, but they often get better. (I would have more specific comments, but I have only a passing familiarity with Roach).