News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Announcing the Erol Otus Art Challenge!

Started by Calithena, February 11, 2009, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calithena

and

present the

Art Challenge!

Judged by Erol Otus and shown in the pages of Fight On!

All artists are invited to submit a picture on one of the following themes:

• The Adventure Takes a Surprising Twist
  • One Charge Left
  • Overland
By Erol's Command, Any Style, Any Media, and Any Freaking Thing Goes!

Winning Entries will be published in Fight On! and awarded PRIZES in separate Color and B&W categories, as follows:

1st Prize: Up to £ 50 worth of Otherworld's magnificent minis, or a full year's (four issue) print subscription to Fight On!

2nd Prize: Up to £ 30 worth of Otherworld miniatures, or a half year's (two issue) print subscription to Fight On!

3rd Prize: Up to £ 20 worth of Otherworld's fantastic figurines, or a full year's PDF subscription to Fight On!

Honorable Mention: Free PDF of the issue of Fight On! in which your work is published.

The six 1st-3rd prizewinners will also receive Erol's commentary on their work, published along with the image in Fight On! (Winning color images will be covers of upcoming issues.)  That's six top prizes in all, three in each category! You can see Otherworld's product line at http://www.otherworld.me.uk/, and check out Fight On! at http://stores.lulu.com/FightOn.

Better yet, all artists submitting retain ownership of their own work. Fight On! asks only for the right to publish winners in a future issue of the magazine and for artists not to post their submitted work on-line in any form (including for sale in other PDF products) for six months after the conclusion of the contest. They may re-submit or re-sell to print venues immediately and to on-line venues six months after the contest's conclusion, and in general ownership and all rights except the delay in on-line posting/publication and Fight On!'s right to publish your image in a future issue of the magazine remain with the artist.

So artists - let's see what you've got! Please send submissions to iggyumlaut@gmail.com by Sunday, May 3, 2009 to be considered. Thank you!

Ron Edwards

Sean ... dude ... you know the images policy. Is there some way that you could not make such a pain in the ass problem for me?

I'll come back and edit them into links when I'm not feeling annoyed.

The contest is super awesome.

Best, Ron

greyorm

So...can you submit more than one illustration? Or is it one entry per artist?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Calithena

Multiple entries are fine.

Sorry Ron, in my new life as a spammer (aka magazine editor) I sometimes forget when I take this stuff from site to site. I'll rip the images out of my post if I can edit it right now, otherwise sorry about the chore.

Calithena

Hi folks!

I still can't edit the images, but I hope to see some more submissions from folks around these parts. To sweeten the deal for those who don't want mags or minis I'll add $50/$25/$10 cash prizes in each category for those who prefer direct payment as a third option.

MacLeod

I'm not an artist so this makes me sad... Those minis look cool though. :D
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~

GozerTC

All artists are invited to submit a picture on one of the following themes:

The Adventure Takes a Surprising Twist
One Charge Left
Overland
By Erol's Command, Any Style, Any Media, and Any Freaking Thing Goes!

Okay gotcha.  But I must ask, Nudity?  My wife tends to show some nipples in her images. :)

Calithena

Nudity is fine; multiple submissions from the same artist are fine; as Erol said, anything goes! Hope to see lots of subs from folks around these parts. Thanks for your interest!

greyorm

Sean, what size do you want the e-mailed images? I ask as a full page 300-dpi file is fairly huge. Want something a little smaller to judge and get the larger files later, or..?

Also, does this
Quoteand for artists not to post their submitted work on-line in any form (including for sale in other PDF products) for six months after the conclusion of the contest.
just apply to the winning artists, or all entrants?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Calithena

Greyorm finishes in the top 3 color contestants!

Rather than post images here again I'll direct people to the contest thread on ODDD: http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fanzine&action=display&thread=2192 . There's also a directed promotion thread with images on Story Games.

Thanks for the interest and support! Forge ahead!