News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Campaign planning/organizing website

Started by Clay, January 30, 2009, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

I ran into some problems with planning out my current campaign, and keeping everything in a centralized place.  After I thought about it for a while, I cooked up a site with some social networking software that dealt with the things that I had the most trouble with.  What I wanted it to do:

• Collect all my ongoing notes about the game world in something wiki-like
  • Keep track of the gaming schedule, so we have a reference for when & where we're going to play
  • Provide a way to keep summaries of game sessions in a more accessible form than my illegible scrawl in a notebook I shove into my jacket pocket

For giggles I threw in a forum, because it seems to me that people might make good use of something like that.  Mostly, because my daughter does role-play via play by post.

Anyway, my prototype is up at http://planner.obrienscafe.com.  I'd like to know what people think about the tools there:

• Does it look useful to you?
  • What other features would be helpful?
  • Will you actually use this?

If this looks useful, I'll try to commercialize it.  Ideally keeping it free to post your campaign stuff there and supported by ad revenue, but maybe by offering additional features for subscribers.  That's all down the road though.  Right now I'd just like to know if this looks useful?
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

B. Charles Reynolds

First impressions from a non-authenticated user: The site is great!

But, you need to fix the Resources links in your primary menu. Since they're going to an external site, you probably should get them to open in a new window. Not entirely sure how to do this with the menu system in Drupal, but if it were a standard HTML link, you'd add something like target=_new within the linking tag.
Faster than a speeding slug,
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse

B. Charles Reynolds

Hm. Apparently, I can't edit my own posts. Grr...

Anyway:

I would have logged in and goofed off some more for a better eval, but I'm on a mission to find resources of another variety. It's bookmarked, though, and I'll come back to get a better look later. Like I say: it's enticing as a tool and I intend to find a way to make use of it.
Faster than a speeding slug,
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse