News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

old west rpg./help wanted.

Started by Sergon, February 03, 2009, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergon

I'm working on an old west rpg that mixes the old west with myths and legends of north and central america, as well as the myths and legends of europe. I can't pay at this time but any help will be greatly appreciated and credited. If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks,

Sergon

lumpley

Are you looking for help designing the game's rules, or illustrators, or writers, or editors, or playtesters, or what?

-Vincent

Sergon

At present I'm looking for someone to help with the rules. I have a first draft drawn up and I need someone to take an objective look at the game. In the future I will need illustrators, writers, play testers, and editors.

Sergon

Marshall Burns

Hi Sergon,

Hey, I can give your rules some looking-over.  My email is:  marksman45 [at] gmail

Note also that the First Thoughts forum here is for pretty much this very thing.  There is, of course, a debate in some circles about Designing In Public versus Designing In Private.  I'm very much In Public about it, but that doesn't mean that you have to be.  Just lettin' ya know it's an option.

-Marshall

Clay

You might want to take a look at http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/OldWest/ too, just to give you some perspective on how other people have gone down this road.  And obviously, take a look at Deadlands, so you don't wind up retreading the same path they cut out.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Sergon

Thanks Clay. Your suggestions were very informative.