News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

BLISS-FULLY UNAWARE

Started by AXUM, March 02, 2009, 07:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AXUM

HELLO!

I was wondering how in heck do you keep awake for seven years?

I saw a documentary once on a guy who could'nt sleep (had a sleep disorder - bad pun, (in reverse?)) & the efforts to save him from losing his mind.  At the end, he died!  He only lasted six months!

Ax

Moreno R.

If I remember well (I last played the game a lot of time ago) the answer to this question is one the players have to decide by themselves.

If you don't care for the scientific facts that you cited and want a more "mythic" feel, you could simply say that the guy is so tough that he is staying awake by sheer will power.

If you care, instead, you could always say that it was genetic manipulation, or maybe a new drug still in testing (and would not be nice if there was still very little drug left and no way to produce it again?). Or maybe it's a stimulating tank that keep one person alive without having to sleep (by doing to his brain what sleep would normally do), but he can't ever step outside it or he will fall asleep instantly... choose the reason you like best, it's science fiction!
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

Ben Lehman

The Authority Figure is kinda a badass, isn't he?

AXUM

Quote from: Moreno R. on March 03, 2009, 01:23:44 AM
If I remember well (I last played the game a lot of time ago) the answer to this question is one the players have to decide by themselves.

If you don't care for the scientific facts that you cited and want a more "mythic" feel, you could simply say that the guy is so tough that he is staying awake by sheer will power.

If you care, instead, you could always say that it was genetic manipulation, or maybe a new drug still in testing (and would not be nice if there was still very little drug left and no way to produce it again?). Or maybe it's a stimulating tank that keep one person alive without having to sleep (by doing to his brain what sleep would normally do), but he can't ever step outside it or he will fall asleep instantly... choose the reason you like best, it's science fiction!

All right, thanks!

Ax