News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The "unknown" effect

Started by Hasimir0, January 14, 2009, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callan S.

Luke,

I think by 'most', it means there are many book keeping tasks a GM has to do, outside of getting to emotional cores. These are, currently, part of most traditional GM's jobs. And yet they can be automated because it's just book keeping. Thus freeing him up to focus more on the emotional core stuff.

Alessandro,

QuoteYou get to make strategical choices, apply creative thinking, bid your character's resources, hope for some degree of luck at the end of it all ... and your opposition will do just the same.
I'm thinking you see the potential for uncertainty and surprise in this process and that's what will satisfy your need for surprise. Or am I way off?
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>

Hasimir0

Quote from: Callan S. on March 03, 2009, 07:49:14 PM
QuoteYou get to make strategical choices, apply creative thinking, bid your character's resources, hope for some degree of luck at the end of it all ... and your opposition will do just the same.
I'm thinking you see the potential for uncertainty and surprise in this process and that's what will satisfy your need for surprise. Or am I way off?
Basically, yes.
I know it's not the same thing as actually not knowing ... but I think that a proper system could make the game functional AND open up a different dimension of fun to substitute the loss of the "unknown".
Alessandro Piroddi

I don't suffer from Insanity ... I enjoy every minute of it !