News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

CreateSpace.com - Have you used it?

Started by apeiron, March 05, 2009, 01:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeiron

Google gave me a link to CreateSpace.com.  They seem to be a PoD service connected to Amazon.

Have you used them?  How was it?

If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Graham W

Play Unsafe is on Create Space. It was all easy to use (except it asked me for a Social Security number, which was interesting) and the proof they sent me was fine.

I haven't advertised it at all, but I've sold two copies through Create Space. Can't complain about that. Also, you can see Play Unsafe if you do a search for Play Unsafe on Amazon.com, and their "Look Inside" function works, letting you browse the first few pages. It's all very slick.

Graham

B. Charles Reynolds

RPG.net had a fairly recent discussion on CreateSpace vs. Lulu.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=372957

Apparently, there is some hocus pocus going on at CreatSpace with regard to ISBN numbers. I don't see anyone complaining about the quality of the prints or presentation in Amazon's storefront, though.
Faster than a speeding slug,
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse

visioNationstudios

"Recent" is relatively subjective.  The crux of the thread you quoted is over a year old.  A spammer necro'd the thread, so discussion started back up briefly.

I can tell you from experience that CreateSpace provides a good quality product for the cheapest wholesale rate I've been able to find anywhere on a PoD printer.  I say "good" quality because, while we've been happy with everything that's come our way, CS is also the only place we've ever printed through.

Color printing gets a little bit more pricey, and they don't do hardcover yet.  Those are the biggest downsides.  But lots of size options, and you get an Amazon listing for free, which they'll print and ship whenever an order comes in.
-Anthony Anderson-
-Partner, visioNation studios-
Classifieds