News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

POLARIS: REFRESHING THEMES

Started by AXUM, April 09, 2009, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AXUM

Hello!

I've searched thru the manual but can't find when  Themes refresh.  Is it at the end of a session; during experience, or somewhen else?

Thanks
Ax

Ben Lehman

It's on page 83. When an experience roll is higher than the present Zeal or Weariness value (so there is no advance), there is instead a refresh, and all themes refresh.

On this topic: One way I would change this if I was to rewrite the game is make it so that each Refresh result allows the Heart and the Mistaken to refresh their own box on one theme of their choice, rather than all themes. So someone might want to try that someday.

yrs--
--Ben

AXUM

Quote from: Ben Lehman on April 09, 2009, 05:56:59 PM
It's on page 83. When an experience roll is higher than the present Zeal or Weariness value (so there is no advance), there is instead a refresh, and all themes refresh.

On this topic: One way I would change this if I was to rewrite the game is make it so that each Refresh result allows the Heart and the Mistaken to refresh their own box on one theme of their choice, rather than all themes. So someone might want to try that someday.

yrs--
--Ben

Yaya!

Thanks!

Ax

Falc

Quote from: Ben Lehman on April 09, 2009, 05:56:59 PMOn this topic: One way I would change this if I was to rewrite the game is make it so that each Refresh result allows the Heart and the Mistaken to refresh their own box on one theme of their choice, rather than all themes.

A tangential question: is there somewhere where these 'if I were to rewrite Polaris' things have been gathered? I've noticed a few of them in various threads (3 players instead of 4, etc.).

Ben Lehman

Nope!

Presumably at some point they'll be collected, like, into a book.

yrs--
--Ben