News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Will WGP work for GM + 1 Player?

Started by jessecoombs, April 09, 2009, 08:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessecoombs

I'm on the fence about With Great Power. I love the genre for sure, but I'm looking for a game that I can play with just one friend who also loves superheroes. I'm also a little cautious about buying a game that may have rules changes coming up (regarding villains, I believe from an earlier thread). I have also heard that the character sheet doesn't quite work, as there are not enough spaces for aspects or traits or something. I guess I just want to know if I should pick it up if a new version is on the way and if it works for just two people. It does look awesome for sure.

And for context, I'm a huge fan of PTA, Luke Crane's stuff, and Vincent Baker's stuff.

Dominic Claveau

So far, I've only had the chance to play WGP once so I don`t have a lot of experience. But, since I tried it with only one player, I can assure you that it works fine. Just as some superheroes are loners, WGP is well-balanced enough to support one-on-one play. The only problem we had is that my friend invested a bit too much on his first conflict and the rest of the game consisted on him trying to reduce his suffering while keeping a good hand of cards. Otherwise, it is really enjoyable and gives a lot of time to really get to know both the superhero and the supervillain.