News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Genesys RPG

Started by Vordark, April 16, 2009, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vordark

I am interested in connecting with people that are willing to play-test Genesys in their own groups, but I'm at a bit of a loss to figure out where I should post such a call at The Forge.

The Playtesting forum's stickies seems to direct people to the Connections forum.

The Connections forum's stickies seems to direct people to First Thoughts.

The First Thoughts forum's sticky offers no guidance or mention concerning play-testing.

So...

If I was a designer of an RPG and I wanted to say "Hey!  I'd be supremely happy if some of you were interested in play-testing my system, please contact me with your play-test reports or suggestions!", where might I say it? :)

Sindyr

Quote from: Vordark on April 21, 2009, 08:38:38 AM
I am interested in connecting with people that are willing to play-test Genesys in their own groups, but I'm at a bit of a loss to figure out where I should post such a call at The Forge.

The Playtesting forum's stickies seems to direct people to the Connections forum.

The Connections forum's stickies seems to direct people to First Thoughts.

The First Thoughts forum's sticky offers no guidance or mention concerning play-testing.

So...

If I was a designer of an RPG and I wanted to say "Hey!  I'd be supremely happy if some of you were interested in play-testing my system, please contact me with your play-test reports or suggestions!", where might I say it? :)

Is this question still unanswered?   If so, do any Forgies know the correct one?
-Sindyr

Thunder_God

Looking for playtesters seems to currently be done on the "Connections" forum, whereas the playtest reports and discussions go on the "Playtesting" forum.

The description under "Connections" even says "Find playtesters,...", but the "Using this forum" thread clearly says it shouldn't be used for that. I dunno. I think I remember seeing Ron say he needs to address this, but my memory is fuzzy.

Also, cool on the modular design, I've been doing some stuff regarding such lately, will post something of the sort now.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Vordark

Quote from: Thunder_God on April 25, 2009, 07:07:10 PM
Looking for playtesters seems to currently be done on the "Connections" forum, whereas the playtest reports and discussions go on the "Playtesting" forum.

The description under "Connections" even says "Find playtesters,...", but the "Using this forum" thread clearly says it shouldn't be used for that. I dunno. I think I remember seeing Ron say he needs to address this, but my memory is fuzzy.

Thanks.  I'll put the blurb in this thread then probably post a call in "Connections".

Quote from: Thunder_God on April 25, 2009, 07:07:10 PM
Also, cool on the modular design, I've been doing some stuff regarding such lately, will post something of the sort now.

Thanks for the kudos!

And now, for the news...

Because of feedback I've received here and elsewhere, I'm happy to announce a new revision of the core rules.  You can find it in the usual spot:

http://www.chaosphere.com/genesys/

I'd also like to take this opportunity to ask, nay, beg, for those of you who are so inclined to give a shot at play-testing the system in your own groups.  The plug-ins found on the site (which are compatible with the latest revision of the rules) can allow you to play a cinematic/action-movie type game, or a modern day magic game, if that's your fancy.

Thanks again for all of the feedback and discussions.  They have been incredibly helpful!