News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Fuse dice", wacky DRYH inspired mechanic, free to good home

Started by Nev the Deranged, May 06, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

So I was thinking about the funky ways DRYH uses dice, and wondering if I could come up with something similar. I came up with something, how useful it might be I leave to posterity to decide.

A pool of white d6s... you can choose to add one or more red "fuse" d6s to the pool, and if you do, all the dice become "explosive".

How that works is this: when you roll a pool of dice, and any of them come up 6, you remove one fuse die from the pool, and roll all the 6s and remaining fuse dice again.

The results are cumulative, and this can keep going until you run out of fuse dice.

However, if at any point, a fuse die comes up 6, your total is reduced to 0, you lose all your fuse dice, and you must stop rolling immediately.

Not sure what this is useful for, but it might be fun to mess around with.

I think this would only work well with substantially large die pools, for what it's worth.

I suppose it could be a game in and of itself, sort of a Cosmic Wimpout style point-scoring game; but it could also be an integrated RPG mechanic. Maybe.

Anyway, that's it. If anyone messes around with this or finds something useful for it, let me know.

Wordman

I wonder if this might work for anime-style "power up" sequences, somehow.
What I think about. What I make.