News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Am I just a freak? {warning selfish thread}

Started by Eric J., June 23, 2002, 01:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchware

Yeah, I will talk to Pyron tomorrow.

I still have 2 questions I need to ask though.

1:
QuoteFYI, I've been in a situation like that myself. If you two can't even talk respectfully and calmly about that, then that's a serious sign.
Little Nicky, did you ever get out of that situation? What happened in the end?

2: Ron, how did you know my name was Charly and Pyron's was Eric? I find this extremely freaky... Like someone I know...[/quote]
"I refuse to date a girl who would rather play Baldur's Gate than be with me... wait, that didn't come out right".

Fabrice G.

Hi Charly,

here's the situation I was in...

First, I must say that what I enjoyed in rpg was 1) exploration of character and 2) creation of a story.

The GM was playing to be God. His pleasure was giving you something(artefact, powers, position in society...) and then show you how much he could smash you...if he wanted to. See, we were some kind of puppets in an ego trip. Plus, we really played as sidekicks to his Ubër-powerfull gm carecters.

Upon that, the group was what Ron would call disfunctional. Some session were spent on arguements and fights between players.

So basically, neither did I found what I was looking for in term of rpg content (quite the opposite), but I spent my time arguing over and over about why I did that, having to justify my playing style and trying to calm things down between the other players. I stayed for maybe two years. They wer "friends", and I didn't had another group. Then I realised that I had enough of that, so I left.

It's not an easy move, but sometimes you just have to do it. Me, if my only opportunity for playing rpg was to go back with them, I would quit the hobby. (and actually I don't have a gaming group, so it's a real situation)

I hope this answer your question. Sorry, but no happy ending on this one (for the group that is, because for me it was very good).

Note: Charly, leaving a group is not an obligation but a possibility.

Take care,

Fabrice.

Scratchware

Alright then. Are there any people here or that you know of that play Starwars (any edition) in Lincoln, Nebraska?
"I refuse to date a girl who would rather play Baldur's Gate than be with me... wait, that didn't come out right".