News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Witch Girls Adventures

Started by Channelm, May 18, 2009, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Channelm

I wanted to invite all of you o the site for my companies new RPG site

www.witchgirlsadventures.com.

If you have questions post them here or drop me an email.

jp_miller

I'm reading the game at the moment, it's nice to see a game aimed squarely at girls.

A few things about the site:

- It doesn't appear properly in my firefox, the text on the right runs out of the box. Don't know if others have the same problem.

- In the blurb there are some grammar errors: "Designed for aimed at girls it  allows". Might want to rewrite that one. And "No boards, no expensive video game system need. Just some dice, paper and pencils and friends." These two sentences are separated by a semi paragraph.

Good luck with sales! Wish you the best.

Ashirgo

A curiosity.

So, it is a kind of a game which I would call "thematic", that is, derived from some movies/cRPG games/etc. The main problem with such games is that the number of ideas needed for a book or movie is usually not enough to fuel a good RPG (what one can do, fight or plot sth, or solve plots, but it is possible in all extant RPGs), but it is only my opinion.

Ash

Eero Tuovinen

Short impressions:

The premise of the game is great, I find it very attractive. As an old roleplayer I'm not going to buy into a game without seeing its system, though.

The sales material is just the way I'd do it for this sort of product, though. The art is appealing.

"Drama diaries game" might be a bit too thick for me - perhaps it's that for the target audience as well, I don't know.

And yes, the pages need textual editing, they're brimming with strange half-edited sentences.

I see that you need polyhedral dice to play the game. A pretty curious choice, consider the target audience. My trad game sense is also tingling, the supplements and such seem to indicate that the game is a pretty traditional one. Perhaps it's simple and clearly written, at least - I always liked those kinds of entry games.

Also, I'd like to know more about the company and people behind this interesting endeavour. The pages keep up a strong front, not much is revealed.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

chance.thirteen

I believe you can download a quick version of the game rules from the website.

Channelm

I'm running the game for my daughters and their friends.  Its very much a beginners game but fun .

What surprised me was how much background information is in the actual rule book.

Channelm

Dang was cut off.

Anyway that what I was sent from someone who purchased the game And I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye.

lol

BTW thanks everyone for your crtiques and kind words.