News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Setting] Over-the-Top Power Sources

Started by MacLeod, June 13, 2009, 05:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacLeod

Haha, thanks. =) While the game carelessly pushes over the boundaries of realism and casually pacing its way into utter insanity, slapstick style power sources hadn't really occurred to me yet (outside of Rock'n'Roll).

Hm, yes... At the Guns Power Source, I'm imagining Desperado levels of gun wielding insanity only more over-the-top as the hero grabs weapons from "off screen." =) I also think Gun-Kata would be entertaining as well... If you don't know what I mean, go watch Equilibrium and its brilliant action scenes. You'll get to see Batman shooting guns and smackin' folks! =D
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~

Imizaru

Some power source ideas:

Optimism[/b ]- Blind Pollyanna optimism can surmount any difficulty! Pull hope out of the darkest night, find the silver lining that just might save your life, and could even save the day.

Oration - With the power of your words you can sway the masses and wield them like a sword, or a battering ram. Talk your way into or out of anything! Have nations march to your beck and call!

Bureaucracy - Even the laws of nature must follow proceedure. Red tape can blunt any attack, can make a puppet of even the gods themselves.

Geomancy - Serving Mother Earth is easy when she gives you this much power! Turn the tides? I am the tide! Move the mountain? I am the mountain!

MacLeod

Intriguing. =) I think I'll have to make a new section dedicated to slapstick Power Sources or something. =D
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~

MacLeod

I noticed that the previous link went to a folder instead of the download link...
So I'm going to post the direct link to the download page.

Intergalactic League of Brawlers super rough beta in a difficult to contend with, and bookmark-less, format.
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~

MacLeod

I thought of some new Power Sources. =) I'm still looking for new ideas if anyone has anything to add!!!

Ripper Slayers have an inherent ability that allows them to borrow the powers of the dark beings they combat. Certain powers tend to stick longer than others (such as strength, toughness, speed, etc...).

Shadowsteel Slayers are powerful warriors that can alter the shape and composition of their weapons in addition to being able to teleport using shadows. Slayers often have their weapon on a chain, the chain spirals through their flesh because it is powered by their blood.
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~