News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Gods Must be Crazy

Started by JB Mannon, June 26, 2009, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Mannon

Listening to http://www.thismoderndeath.com This Modern Death the other day in their show about religon got me thinking about what if the only way your character could interact with the game world was through their religous beliefs.  Within hours I had the core of an idea of a game about beseaching the gods for help to do anything.

I already had another game idea rolling around in my head but I couldn't stop thinking about gods and petitioners.  I was finally convenced to push this game out first and so "The Gods Must be Crazy"  was born.  It took me most of this week to write and rewrite the game and get it posted up over at http://jmhpfan.wordpress.com At the Table.

You and three of your friends play villagers using their faith to fight a dragon!  Let me know what you think and what questions/suggestions you have.
Check out my personal blog: www.jmhpfan.wordpress.com

Or follow me @JBMannon on Twitter

JB Mannon

There was a problem with the download link so I moved it to a new host which seems to have fixed the problem.  If you have any trouble downloading please let me know.

Ron Edwards

JB, were you posting it here in hopes of seeing it playtested by others? Please let me know.

Best, Ron

JB Mannon

Yeah I am definately hoping to get this game playtested.  I'm sorry if that wasn't very clear in my first post.  I havn't worked with a resourse economy like in this game before so I don't know how it will work out so I really need to get some feedback so I can tell if it needs tweeking.  I also don't know how easy the rules are to understand from the text so I could also use help on that.

JB Mannon

I updated the PDF with better information about what kind of feedback I am looking for and altered the format to be more easily read.  If you want the most upto date version you can download it at the At the Table website.