News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSoY 2nd] Eyeballs for my text

Started by Eero Tuovinen, July 09, 2009, 05:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

I'm doing pretty well with my new TSoY book, although I can't quite say if it's going to be finished for Gencon; it'll be tight, certainly. So tight, in fact, that I've not been communicating much about my progress, preserving my attention for the work itself. I'll try to put up a table of contents at some point when I feel like it.

I'm producing some pretty finished material at this point, which I'd like to run by the resident experts, if you happen to have time during this coming week. I'm mostly looking for validation and critique on some deep fluff and crunch choices, most of which have already been through playtest in major points; this is pretty specific stuff, not concerned with technical editing, but with game design for the Solar System and TSoY specifically. I'm especially interested in the eyes of folks like Clinton, Josh, Harald, João... basically, people who've played and designed for the game, and can speak to it in an opinionated manner and point out connections or contradictions in the larger context. (This is not to disqualify you if we haven't cooperated on this stuff before or because I don't remember you just now; I'm just naming people that came to mind first. Anybody feeling up to a serious critique job is welcome to participate.)

Let me know if you have the time and inclination to go through some previews of the book with me - we'll do the actual correspondence through email, mostly because I can't be arsed to copy-paste the material in any sane form on the forum. (Doesn't hurt to keep some bits in here private at this point in case I'm doing something embarrassingly stupid with them, too.)
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

JMendes

Ahoy, :)

Coolness. I'll be happy to read through it and give any feedback that I can. :)

Email addy: joao dot mendes at premium dash minds dot com

Cheers,
J.
João Mendes
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon Gamer

dindenver

Eero,
I wold be glad to help in any way I can. I have worked for 6 months in an editorial department and participated in several writer's groups. I should be able to help proofread it.Also, I GM'd two campaigns, so I should be able to help with mechanics. Let me know what I can do to help you.
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

oliof

Eero, I'm in. wagener at googlemail dot com. As opposed to Dave, I'm just a fan.

Eero Tuovinen

And that's a wrap! Thanks guys, I think we have enough people (counting the ones I got in private) - any more and I can't process all the feedback.

Also: feel free to start discussions here on anything in the stuff I send you, if you feel like it. I'm only keeping this private because I don't have the energy for following the forums too reliably at this point.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.