News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New Game - Pearly Gates

Started by flossy, July 20, 2009, 05:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flossy

I have an idea for a game called 'Pearly Gates'. The premise is that you have just died and you are justifying whether you go up to heaven or down to hell.

I had considered this to be Gm-less game where the game would have elements similar to Polaris, Death's Door or even Baron Münchhausen. The game consists of having a number of rounds. In each round everyone would have a turn, and while it was one persons turn, the other people could question/help/hinder in a role of Devil's Advocate, Guardian Angel, Ancestor, Rival etc.

In the first turn you would describe who you are and how you died. In subsequent turns there would be a theme of a virtue or vice and how they relate to you and the events in your life. Remember during your turn, the other players will be questioning you, calling up inconsistencies, or even offering advise and helping. I do picture a kind of bidding system to resolve some conflicts, but I would want a weighting on the side of the player telling the story of there character.

Finally after a number of rounds there is a secret vote where each character votes on which other characters go up or down.

Well, that's the basic idea, just wondering what people though.

Alokov

It seems kinda cool. I am personally not very interested in this style of game but the premise seems interesting and I bet people who do like these kinds of games would like it.

Jason Morningstar

Your game sounds like a roleplaying poem.  It seems like it would fit very well (and could be very well received) in that format.

flossy

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like people like the concept, even if it isn't necessarily their thing.

Just as an add note, the basic reason where the concept came from was the fact my gaming group likes episodic campaigns in our traditional role playing and I was looking for a way to have good periods of time past and so skip the boring stuff :-0