News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Agon Trophy for GenCon 09

Started by red_herring, July 30, 2009, 11:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_herring

GenCon is just two weeks away... check out this year's trophy for my group's Agon session http://picasaweb.google.com/mr.phillewis/Agon09?feat=email#... should also have some pictures of Agon Board 2.0 (almost finished)...

-phil

Darren Hill

John Harper

Wow, Phil... that's amazing.

Unfortunately, I won't be at GenCon this year to partake in the ceremonies. I can feel my Fate track ticking up just at the thought of it...
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

red_herring

Too bad you can't make GenCon this year, John.

As an aside, I'm also planning to run the same scenario (with a similar trophy) as an official event at NukeCon here in Omaha in October.

red_herring

The Agon game went well this year with my buddy Robert (Alector, Prince of Thalysia) taking home the trophy. Will likely post some pictures of the session later this week.

Of note, the final combat scene featured a raging river, though I'm not sure that I spent enough strife for it. I placed a two range band wide marker on the board between the heroes and their opponents to represent the deepest and most trecherous part of the river. The river was a harmful 2d6 Might contest that remained on the board and moved at initiative zero (so anyone could move it on his turn). That's normally just one strife, but I spent two since it was continously on the board. As it turns out, at least two minions were wiped out and only one hero failed a check, so it was actually a benefit to the players overall.