News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New game (Paladin!) and new forum

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 26, 2002, 01:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Hey, everyone - I've got a forum now. After looking at how many posts there were about Donjon, Ron and I decided to give me my own little forum here.

First: Paladin's released, and I'm really happy with it. I got art from hive, Zak Arntson, Ben Morgan, Raven, and Nicole Cardiff, and it's all outstanding. If you're interested in the game, check out http://www.anvilwerks.com/docs/paladin.

Second - I'm finishing up Donjon right now. I know, from the volume of posts, that this one's being eagerly awaited. Fear not - you'll all see it by the end of August, completely with fantastic art by James V. West, who's done all the art for me for a mere pittance.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

In addition, I've already got some extra stuff for Paladin. I've put up a PDF character sheet - the same one that's in the game - and a second PDF character sheet, both done by Ben Morgan. The new one's a sci-fi oriented character sheet, for those "Knights of the Void" games.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jake Norwood

I was wondering when you'd get a forum. And I allready ordered Paladin.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Valamir

Chapter 5 was a great choice for a sample!

I was thinking about getting Paladin, but I've got quite the full plate as it is, so was more or less resigned to "one of these days"

Reading chapter 5 makes me want it sooner rather than later.

Clinton R. Nixon

Ralph,

Thanks! You should see Chapter 5 with the art - fan-fucking-tastic. I decided on it because it's really the meat of the game, but doesn't delve too much into mechanics that someone wouldn't understand without the entire game.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

greyorm

I picked up my copy of Paladin last night...wow!  Game looks great, aesthetically.  I'm sorry to say I haven't read it yet, but I'm in the process of printing it out to read.

I LOVE the hive cover...it has that dark, new-style comic book, white-wolf supplement feeling to it.  The interiors are also very nice, already picked my favorite pics from the book (and no, they aren't any of the ones I did): Zak's illustration on page 6 and Nicole's illustration on page 8.

The layout is superb as well.  The fonts are well-chosen and readable.  And the character sheet is another excellent piece of work.  Overall: Very nice presentation indeed.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Clinton R. Nixon

Raven's being modest, by the way - his picture of an Unliving at the end of Chapter 5 is horrendously beautiful. I love that picture - it completely captures the otherness of a really horrifying Unliving thing.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Zak Arntson

While we're patting backs, my fav picture (aside from the awesomely subtle cover) is that freaky Undying thing that Raven did. I loves me some scary skeleton baddies.

Tim Denee

I'll throw in a back-pat. I just bought Feng Shui recently as well as Paladin, and I have to say, honestly, that the artwork in Paladin is tons better than anything in Feng Shui (not that Feng Shui is known for its great artwork, but I'd imagine it had a much much much bigger art budget). Great work.

Ben Morgan

I gotta say, simply as someone who is currently reading through the finished version, and not as someone that contributed a drawing to the game: The artwork is absolutely stunning.
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light