News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TAROT] Arc Creation

Started by 7VII7, August 18, 2009, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7VII7

I want to make it easy to make a story arc /  adventure / what have you, so I made it so basically the GM could fill out several of the following then string it together to make an Arc / SubArc / SuperArc

Type: Introduction, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, or Resolution
Trigger: What causes the event to happen?
Setting: Where does it take place?
NPC/Monster: Who's in the event?
Guidline: A general guide for how the event is supposed to go, keep it purposefully vague.
Notes: Any other special notes, any special rules, traps, etc,

Does this make sense? Do you think it'll work? Is there anything I should add or remove?

Adam Dray

Yes. How do the rules help the GM create those things? How do the rules help make those things awesome?

For example, In a Wicked Age uses "oracles" (lists of story seeds chosen by drawing cards) to generate bits of the beginning story. Sorcerer asks the player to write his or her own Kicker (an inciting event that the character cannot ignore), and provides the GM techniques like Bang, Bob, and Weave to help the players tell an exciting and coherent story.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

7VII7

er... actually I haven't put that much thought into it...

Adam Dray

You don't have to but it's an opportunity to ensure that playing your game results in a good time, right? What can go wrong when you play a game? The GM might not have cool ideas and play can take too long to get going. As a designer, you can plan for that and make the GM's job easier...
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

7VII7

That's sort of the purpose for making that, allowing the GM to just fill the template out and string them together.