News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Sorcerer] London 1880

Started by Gregor Hutton, October 02, 2009, 07:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor Hutton

So last night Per, Steve, Cat and I met in the suitably themed Jekyll & Hyde pub in Edinburgh and created characters for Per's Sorcerer game. (It's been a busy week for gaming for us - Steve, Cat and I had our Warhammer/Conspiracy of Shadows game on Wednesday night, we're in Arc 2 of three).

Per's one sheet is for London 1880 and we're riffing on Jack the Ripper, The Picture of Dorian Gray, From Hell, Jekyll/Hyde, Oscar Wylde and so on. We made our characters and Per is now going off to work on his prep. I'm sure he'll chime in here, and we can add to our AP as we get to play.

Rough outlines of the characters...

I'm a painter, who painted really shit paintings (I was once talented but only in a reserved English way) and was found out when I tried to make my name in Paris. However, I bound a demon I found in the bottom of an Absinthe bottle in l'heure verte. I've subsequently become very successful and moved back to London, where I paint spectacular if somewhat disturbing scenes.

Cat is playing a prostitute who is embroiled in money problems. I think her Passer demon is a pimp who asphixiates people.

Steve is playing a rich aristo who foolishly believes that everything can be bought. He is an obsessive collector by nature and while collecting occult books has learnt how to summon and bind a demon. I think he is going to be compulsively trying to collect demons, which is sure to put him on a path into Cat and me. His demon is too perfect in form and demands what he can't buy: affection.

My kicker is that I've awoken bloody in bed after another absinthe bender, clutching an axe in my hand. I have a new exhibition at Covent Garden and the reviewer in the London Times was most scathing. Apparently he has been hacked apart in his town house. I have no recollection of the night before.

Well, off to scan in my character sheet and e-mail it to Per!

James_Nostack

--Stack

Gregor Hutton

Good question, James.

Per's describes Humanity in our game as follows:
Humanity is the ability to relate to your fellow human beings as equals, despite differences in class, political views, sex. Humanity is compassion. Humanity gain when helping a human in need in spite of personal cost, whether socially, physically, mentally or economically. Humanity loss when stealing from others, and when choosing personal gain over assisting someone. When you act selfishly or hurt innocents on purpose.