Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 06:37:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 66 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Crime RPG  (Read 808 times)
Swamplor

« on: August 29, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »

Jumanji83

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »

I don't think you are on the right forum for this kind of inquiry... But anyway, I'd take a look at Wilderness of Mirrors. It's short, simple and inexpensive. It's a game about spies, but the other himself admits in the book that this would make a good capers game.
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »

Hi there,

For the discussion to continue, please provide a little bit more specific information about a Shadowrun experience of the kind you're describing. It doesn't have to be very detailed - perhaps some notion of who was playing, how long all those negotiations took relative to the time it took to play them out, and your general sense of why the session went that way.

Given only that small amount of orientation - and I'm not envisioning more than a couple of paragraphs - this could be a very useful discussion.

Best, Ron
spamtramp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=17891&it=1
Swamplor

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »

Specifically in response to Ron's prompt:

The session of Shadowrun that stick's most in my mind involved a mission to protect a group of mages while they performed a ritual.  Some rival organization (a gang, I think, but this was well over a decade ago) was going to try to bump them off during the spell.
The PCs found a building where they could put the mages in the basement.  Then the players spent about 2-3 hours coming up with ways to make the place an absolute fortress.  The antagonists' attack on the place was resolved with a single remote detonation of some explosives in a small hallway.  There was more than one die roll involved, thanks to the Chunky Salsa rule, but only a single action by a single character.
I couldn't tell you anything about a single one of the characters involved in the mission.  None of them mattered. They were only mouthpieces for the players' ideas about fortifying the house.  Except for that one guy's demolitions skill, our sheets could have been blank.

I'm not saying it wasn't fun. It was a blast. But I did it already (and a hundred other sessions much like it) and these days I'm looking for something different from my play.

-Steve Wampler
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: