News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Seeking editor for Game Chef entry

Started by orklord, September 13, 2009, 12:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orklord

I'm looking for an editor who can take my text and make the language soar and also help me find holes in my logic.  At current draft, my game is under 6,000 words, so it isn't Tolstoy!

The game entry for Game Chef is called Boile de Muertre.  The elevator pitch for the game is as follows:

In another world where the French Empire never faded, you play a deadly sport for minor nobles and carry out their dirty deeds in secret.

I have some cool layout coming soon (thanks to Ash), just need to get the text into a solid draft.  The timeframe is extremely short, I need to be done by month's end (end of Sept. 09) for the contest.

Please reply here or contact me directly at orklord at gmail dot com if you are interested.

Paul Czege

Hey Rich...you've done a bunch of playtesting already, right? So the game is clicking and you're looking for a language infusion that does justice to it?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

orklord

Yeah, Paul, that's exactly it.  I've playtested it a couple times already and it is humming along.  The game works as is, but I want to make sure I am communicating the game well.  This year's Game Chef entrants haven't been as talkative as previous years', so I'm need someone to come in and refine what I've already worked out so far.

henebry

Editing is something I'm good at. I teach writing at BU, and I enjoy reading game rules (and playing story games at StoryGames Boston).

So I'm up for the job, assuming Paul C hasn't already snagged it.

Paul Czege

Quote from: henebry on September 13, 2009, 09:54:23 PM
So I'm up for the job, assuming Paul C hasn't already snagged it.

It's all yours man. (Though I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Seems like there's a lot of room for awesome in it.)

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

orklord

Thanks for volunteering!  I'm excited to have some help.

Rich Rogers