Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2019, 07:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 94 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stunt d6...New Heartbreaker  (Read 1507 times)
redwing

« on: October 10, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »

Hello All! I have not visited these boards in quite some time. I have picked up the work on my rpg system (including a rules set and setting). Yes, this is most likely a heartbreaker. The game is designed to be "simple." To me that doesn't mean it can't be very detailed. I consider GURPS to be a simple game with complexity stapled on. I use one core mechanic throughout the game, followed with optional attachments to supplement the core. The main focus of the game was to facilitate all types of gameplay, including physical, mental, social, and magical. I want to bring the combat scenes from 300, the light side/dark side mental conflicts from Star Wars, the political intrigue of The Tudors, and the magic of Harry Potter into one arena. I have noticed that most posters in these forums as one big question "what do the characters do." Most responses include "whatever they want to." My response is almost as vague (and terrible). My game will focus on dynamic character development (socially and mentally) as they are usually forced into situations beyond their control. Similar to many JRPGs such as Final Fantasy or even Lord of the Rings, the characters develop over a period of time as they encounter challenges brought forth by the story. [As a side note, this development will hopefully be RP based, not the traditional "level" based.] To aid in this goal, I have added mechanical rules for both social and mental aspects of the character.

This was a very rudimentary introduction to the game. In the following posts, I will copy and paste from my work the basic mechanics followed by other posts including the mechanics for each physical, mental, social, and magical conflicts and contests. There may be some missing information (or what the heck does this do?) as I am not going to copy and paste all of what I have (it would just take to much space and is not needed for a basic discussion).

Anyway, I am excited to hear what you have to say. I already know that this is quite a bit. It may seem complex at first read, and I have already heard this. But, since there is a singular core mechanic, and the rules for all four types are relatively similar, actual gameplay isn't that bogged down. Its actually quite simple and fast.

Thanks in advance!
redwing

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »

redwing

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »

redwing

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

redwing

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »

redwing

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »

Pages: [1]